cardoctor74
cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to fix all makes and models
3827149

My 2007 Lincoln Navigator blower fan & controls are erratic

Customer Question

My 2007 Lincoln Navigator blower fan & controls are erratic and disregard whatever settings I switch on. This has gone on for years, but finally decided to look into it. I've found info TSB-08-9-1 that C297connector's black/white wire should be cut, spliced to a new ground wire.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm trying to find out which connector is C297
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: My 2007 Lincoln Navigator blower fan & controls are erratic and disregard whatever settings I switch on. This has gone on for years, but finally decided to look into it. I've found info TSB-08-9-1 that C297connector's black/white wire should be cut, spliced to a new ground wire.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I'm having trouble identifying which connector is C297
Category: Ford
Expert:  cardoctor74 replied 1 year ago.
Ok just so you know have you called the dealer this is actually a recall and they should do this for free if not I can help you and point you in the correct direction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've worked with Northtowne Lincoln for 20+ years, and they've never been helpful with any updates whatsoever. That's why after five different Lincolns I now only have this old one left. All others have been replaced with alternative vehicles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AmEx called & straightened out your billing on my behalf. It should have cleared once reapplied by you.
Are we moving together yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Anyone there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, so phone call is out, but online is supposedly working. I have a ground lug attached to the door support and am ready to connect the lug's wire to C-297 connector's black/white wire, but where is it.
Glovebox removed, there are several connectors on the right, attached to the blower assembly's box, with at least one seemingly black/white (higher gauged wire), and also several more connectors down the right post (behind the kick plate. Are any of these C297?
It's the black wire with white tracer the thick wire you see
Unfortunately I'm not able to take the phone request I'm sorry. But I can help from here or opt out and see if another tech can help you.