cardoctor74
cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to fix all makes and models
3827149

Ford f150: No accidents or recent work. I did install new fog

Customer Question

No accidents or recent work. I did install new fog lights about a month ago but they are wired straight to the battery and I have not noticed this new problem until the past week. Mechanic said alternator was fine but I have my own suspicions that it's not. I can't figure out though, why it would only affect one side of the lights and make the wipers slow when the headlights are on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  cardoctor74 replied 1 year ago.
What happens is the voltage regulator in the alternator goes bad and will cause this. If all the grounds and wiring is secure you need to focus on the alternator. This is the next step. Hoped this helped. Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated. I'm here if you need anything else.