Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2005 f-150 5.4 engine have replaced timing chain

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2005 f-150 5.4 engine have replaced timing chain and cam phasers: started the truck, engine light cam on, read the check-engine code with code reader, P0010; also replace cam sensor on cam1 - did not help. Any ideas?
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2005 f-150 5.4 engine have replaced timing chain and cam phasers: started the truck, engine light cam on, read the check-engine code with code reader, P0010; also replace cam sensor on cam1
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: misses really badly at 50 miles an hour
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.
Hi,How long has it been since the cam phasers were replaced? Were the vct solenoids replaced as well?Are you getting any unusual engine noise?
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Did you still need help with this? I never received a response.