Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

AC "leak" just fixed but not blowing out ice cold in the morning

Customer Question

AC "leak" just fixed but not blowing out ice cold in the morning and blowing out hot when the weather is hot in the afternoon. Car is garaged all day.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's all I have. I just paid 1000 plus to get a leak fixed of a part that looked like some kind of filter behind the dash board and the problem is better but not completely fixed.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: 2011 ford focus
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The evaporator core was replaced. recharged AC freon 134A this was done on Friday. Also an "expan valve". Blowing cool when whether isn't warm. When high 80s Friday and Saturday driving...doesn't seem to be blowing at all and the little it is blowing is slightly cool at best. Wasn't like this before AC broke a month ago. Would cool the car all Florida summer with no problems.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. As long as your temp control works and can change the output temp and the blower is working and air flow speed is good then the concern is going to be under the hood with the AC system. Possibly another leak, damaged compressor, or a restriction in the system. With the AC on and the engine on are the AC lines going into the firewall freezing cold? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah that was pretty generalized . None of those options explain why it's cold in the morning warm in the afternoon and cold again in the morning. If it had a leak it wouldn't be cold again in the morning. Nor would that be so if the compressor isn't working. What heats up in the sun that makes the Ac warm that doesn't happen in the morning or when I first get into my car that's parked in a garage all day? It only starts blowing warmer after I drive in the sun in the afternoons.
Sun heats up the car, and interior making an AC system that is not working well not be as efficient. Were you able to check the thing I asked about in my question in my last post?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris