How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ron Your Own Question
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 23821
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Ron is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I tell if a ac system has been coverted from 143 to12a JA:

Customer Question

how can I tell if a ac system has been coverted from 143 to12a
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just replaced the ac compressor on a 1988 ford f350 and want to know how to correctly recharge the system
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: r&r'd the compressor and now need to recharge it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: supposedly it was converted from 134 to 12 refrigerant how can I be sure?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist you can either use a freon identifier or you can tell by the valves that fill the system. can you post a picture of the fill valves??? Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where are they located?
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
they are on the inlet and outlet lines of the compressor
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
how are you making out

Related Ford Questions