Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

MY "02 MUSTANG GT HAS A STICKING CALIPER IN RT FRONT... CHANGED

Customer Question
3 TIMES IN 4 YEARS......ANY...
MY "02 MUSTANG GT HAS A STICKING CALIPER IN RT FRONT... CHANGED 3 TIMES IN 4 YEARS......ANY SOLUTIONS?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: CAR IS A SUMMER DRIVER ONLY...LOW MILAGE....THE RT FRT CALIPER SKICKS ON AND NEVER FULLY RELEASES, RESULTING IN A VERY HOT RIM...IN FACT CENTER CAP FELL OFF TWICE....BOUGHT AFTERMARKET CALIPERS FROM LOCAL DEALER....SAME PROBLEM AGAIN THIS YEAR...NEED A SOLUTION
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES IF POSSIBLE
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: REPLACED CALIPER EACH YEAR.OKAY FOR AWILE THEN STICKS
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/29/2016
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hi, my nam is Tim, this is usually caused by a colapsed brake hose, the rubber one off the caliper, how many miles do you have on this?
over time, the inner lining of the hose corrodes and can restrict the flow, thus causing it to stick on, and is very common on these with higher mileage, I would remove the hoses and see if you can blow through them, if not, then replace both sides,Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH