Ironmike
Ironmike, Ford Technician
Experience:  30 years ASE Master tech L1 . Ford master
11302663

I have codes p0475 and p0603 and my truck will not start JA:

Customer Question

I have codes p0475 and p0603 and my truck will not start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's a 2000 f350 diesel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ironmike replied 1 year ago.
greetings, do you have a programmer? did you disconnect the battery to clear the codes? do you have access to a scanner that will show live data?
Expert:  Ironmike replied 1 year ago.
How did it run before not starting? did you check fuel filter? do you hear the fuel pump?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a programmer how I got the code. Haven't check the fuel filter pulling I. To a fuel pump it ran ruff and then wouldn't start for me. I don't have a scanner. I can hear the pump
Expert:  Ironmike replied 1 year ago.
lets check the fuel filter and fuel pressure
Expert:  Ironmike replied 1 year ago.
can you watch live data? sounds too simple but does the truck leak oil, did you check the oil level?
Expert:  Ironmike replied 1 year ago.
ICP. IPR, high pressure pump replaced yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has an air dog 2 fuel pump on ithe I don't know if the pump has been replaced I check the oil and it looks good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have fuel to the fuel water separator on the engine
Expert:  Ironmike replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if the tach moves when cranking. ok, we also need to check the ICP and IPR. You can disconnect the ICP and see if it will run, next we can try to rap the IPR, it can get stuck. check both connectors to see if they are wet. Has the IDM ever been replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it goinglast night changed the fuel filter and it started running again
Expert:  Ironmike replied 1 year ago.
great. how did the filter look?
Expert:  Ironmike replied 1 year ago.
p0475 is for the EBP sensor, not related to the no start. P0603 is most likely related to the programmer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looked good no dirt or anything in it.
Expert:  Ironmike replied 1 year ago.
great, one less thing to be concerned with. These trucks can have rust issues in the tanks and pick up/sending units.