A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

Rear passenger door won't close think it's the latch but don't

Customer Question

Rear passenger door won't close think it's the latch but don't know how to fix
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My son got out of escape his backpack I guess got caught I did not see now door will not close
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes and quickly
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Unlocking and locking doors. Moving latch. Next was going to try wd40 and read a screw driver but don't know where to position it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Not with this issue was working fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to go somewhere and now can't drive car cuz of door any suggestions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Want a picture of latch?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Try this first and let me know if the latch opens. Please do not try to slam the door closed. With the door open, using a Philips screwdriver insert it into the opening of the latch in the small opening. While someone pulls the handle and holds it out, push the screwdriver towards the body and try to open the latch.please let me know if the latch opens.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Please post a picture of the latch on the side of the door that closes on the striker.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it closed on my own.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
So you do not need anymore help?