How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask 6Bucs Your Own Question
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 872
Experience:  Ford senior master tech, 18 years experience.
Type Your Ford Question Here...
6Bucs is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tarus: Where does the quater inch vacuum intake manifold behind

Customer Question

Where does the quater inch vacuum intake manifold behind ica and egr valve, where does it end up ? 1998 ford tarus V6
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. Can you tell me which 3 liter engine you have? Is it a 12 valve Vulcan, or a 24 valve duratec? If you're not sure, can you send me the VIN number and I can check myself?James
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12 valve . U motor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 year ago.
So, there's no good pictures. One line goes to the back of the intake manifold right behind the throttle body near the firewall. The green one connects to the EGR valve. The red one connects to the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail.
Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 year ago.
Does this help, or do you need more information? What exactly are you trying to repair?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where on the firewall?
Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 year ago.
I looked again and there are no good pictures in the shop manual for that year. There is a 3/8" vacuum line running from the brake booster vacuum splitter to the back of the intake manifold. There is a green tipped line going to the EGR valve, and a red tipped line going to the fuel rail pressure regulator. The large one from the back of the intake goes about 8 inches and connects with a black 4 way vacuum box bolted to the firewall left of center towards the driver's side of the engine compartment. Then it travels to the brake booster. Can you tell me what kind of symptom you are chasing?James.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We need to know where a hose goes? Please call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is 1 hose just below the egr valve that we don't know where it goes. Quarter inch vacuum line. Main hose
Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 year ago.
I'm not set up for phone calls. Can you upload a picture of the hose?James
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would you unstick the torque behind the flywheel?
Expert:  6Bucs replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean how to unbolt the torque converter from the flywheel? James