rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 1999 Ford windstar haveing issue with the right break

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Ford windstar haveing issue with the right break light does not work the fuse and bulb are good
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Have cleaned all the grounds from the engine to the frame one thing I will mention is we replaced the head gasket and everything was great untill this break light thing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced fuse, bulb and cleaned the conections to the rear module now just stumped as which way to go
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Oh yeah, the fan also does not work, the radiator fan will not come on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.This simple circuit only has a ground and power feed, so check for power to the bulb and also consider that the socket itself can be bad and that you're using the correct bulb.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At one point all the wire's including the ground had power going to them
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
Okay, then you need to backtrack the wiring to find the break or run a new power and ground.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That does not adress the fan not working
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
The fan is not related to this problem, that would be a different post.Thanks again, Ron