Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

F350 6.0: Ron!!! How are things going? I have a Ford

Customer Question
Hi Ron!!! How are...
Hi Ron!!! How are things going?
I have a Ford F350 6.0 Turbo that starts fine cold and will not start once hot.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
4/22/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. We need to check the ICP pressure when cranking with the engine hot. It needs to be 500 psi minimum. If its to low then i suggest your first approach to be a new IPR valve. If the pressure is fine then we need to look into a FICM issue. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Moose, IPR was changed. FICM checks out ok when running diagnostics.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
IPR was bought online, not from dealer. FICM has not been changes, When engine is hot it takes a long time to reach 500 psi. Sometimes battery dies, during this process.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Everything has been been changes that has to do with high oil pressure, with the exception of the FICM. It checks out ok during diagnostics.
Slow to reach 500 psi is the issue here. It should occur almost immediate when cranking. The only things to cause that can be the IPR, high pressure oil pump, oil filter draining down, high pressure oil system leaks. Next an air pressure test needs to be ran on the high pressure oil system when hot to see if there are leaks heard.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician