Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford 500: 06 ford 500 throwing p0715 code. Started out kicking

Customer Question
06 ford 500 throwing p0715...
06 ford 500 throwing p0715 code. Started out kicking wrench light on then service light. Was only doing it with cruise on. Now it will do it either way. It's also say fluid pressure....speed sensor and vaulve body replaced. Still doing it. Please any ideas
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also in park sometimes it will not reve up when pressing the gas. It also drove fine for a couple days and then kicked lights back on
4/21/2016
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 year ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Hello, can you post the 17 digit vin number. Is this a CVT transmission? No Other codes and the transmission is full of fluid? How did the old fluid look when you replaced the valve body
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Car is at the shop. It is cvt. Transmission was spotless tranny fluid looked great and no shavings in the bottom. Tranny fluid is at right level. Mechanic here is just completely puzzeled.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Seen a video where there is a o ring around torque convertor that was missing. Do you think that is the case here. Guess that ring just went bad
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He stated there was a pressure code but I'm not sure what that code is
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi, usually when it sets a pressure code, it is an internal transaxle problem itself which would require a trans replacement, it is usually accompanied with a few other similiar codes of this type. If its got a lot of miles on it, this is most likely where you are headed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just hit 100000
Yup, you are in the prime mileage for these transmissions to fail. this is why ford stop using them in production. Very expensive to replace the trans as well
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will post all the codes when I get them.
very good. let me know when you can
Hello, do you need more help with this concern?
HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans