AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Ford edge: i have a 2009 ford edge with 100,000 miles on it

Customer Question

i have a 2009 ford edge with 100,000 miles on it and i let it go 30,000 without an oil change because the light never went off so i did not think it was a problem but even so i did finally do an oil change but i didnt think to flush the engine which i should have done and about 3 weeks after the oil change one day it started making a loud metal on metal knocking sound in the engine and 2 days later it shut off while driving about 30 seconds after startup and when i tried to start it back up again it made a clicking sound and wouldnt turn over.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. It is very possible that engine mwechanical damage was done to the engine since the oil was not changed for 30,000 miles. It is still possible that the crank turns but there can be a knocking noise or metalic noise from the engine when cranking as something may have come loose inside the engine. It sounds to me like you may need a new engine.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.