Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2000 f150 stuck in overdrive now. ***** ***** Gay JA: Thanks.

Customer Question
2000 f150 stuck in overdrive...
2000 f150 stuck in overdrive now. ***** ***** Gay
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it always worked , now I need to pull a trailer, so needs to be off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
4/21/2016
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 year ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Hello, the overdrive switch itself isn't working, it will not toggle off or the light works but it stays in overdrive? Trans is ok otherwise?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the light for off does not come on, stays in OD, trans is been ok
Ok most common issue is wit the transmission shifter on the column. The wiring for the od switch cuts cut inside the steering column cover. Sometimes it will blow the fuse in the central fuse panel for it. Remove the steering column covers behind the steering wheel. Examine the shifter and wiring coming off it. Tap out the pin that holds it to the column and see if the wiring is damaged and replace the shifter and fuse if needed. If the wiring is ok. Pop off the od switch on the end of the shifter and check for power at the two pins. One will be hot one ground. If it has power and ground the switch on the end of the shifter is no good. The shifter handle comes complete with the switch from ford or can buy the switch separately.
Hello, do you need more help with this concern?
Hello, just following up if you need more help?
HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans