Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2007 ford five hundred running codes P0171 P0174 P2195

Customer Question
checked for vacuum leaks changed...
2007 ford five hundred running codes P0171 P0174 P2195 checked for vacuum leaks changed EGR Changed MAF sensor checked fuel pressure 39 To 40 PSI did not check PCV valve
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
4/19/2016
Ford Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 1 year ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Hi there.Before we begin, please understand that all I can do from where I am is offer you my technical knowledge and guidance; it is you, using the right tools, the only one who can diagnose and ultimately fix your vehicle.Having said that, and after taking into consideration the fuel pressure you posted plus the fact there is a new EGR valve and MAF sensor, there are a couple of things you're still going to need in order for me to guide you through the diagnosis:scan tool capable of reading engine data (PID)spray can carb/choke cleanerPlease let me know when you're ready and we'll proceed with our tests.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
go
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have ran a data scan and right now i dont have have a can of carb cleaner
You'd need the scan tool to monitor live data while inducing temporary lean and rich conditions (this latter with the carb spray). Please let me know if that's not something you can or want to do and I'll opt out of the question.
You'd need the scan tool to monitor live data while inducing temporary lean and rich conditions (this latter with the carb spray). Please let me know if that's not something you can or want to do and I'll opt out of the question to see if another expert has a different approach.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will wait till i can get scan tool
Not a problem. I'm usually online weekdays from 2 to 8 PM AST.Best Regards.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok will get scan tool Fri morning can you explain to me what you want me to do so later i can give you results
OK. We need to make sure there are no intake gasket leaks and that Oxygen sensors are good and responding to changes in the fuel trim. We do that by looking at sensor voltages and short term fuel trims (STFT) while we spray carb cleaner on the intake gaskets - if there is an intake leak, good sensors will show higher voltages (RICH), while STFT will go LEAN.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok will do that and ten send you the results
Spray in side or outside of plenum
On the outside of all the gaskets, upper and lower. Also on and around the EGR and on all vacuum ports and hoses. One more thing, you stated fuel pressure was 39 to 40 psi, but it would be good to check fuel volume as well - one quick way of doing this is with the tester that has the valve on the side attached to a clear hose. If the engine falters or RPM change when the tester valve is open, then we'll know there is a problem with that fuel pump.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fuel line goes direct to fuel rail no way to put tester on line
Sorry for the delay - local power/internet shortageThere is a contradiction from your first post to this last one. You first posted "... checked fuel pressure 39 To 40 PSI", now you post "... no way to put tester on line". I can't help you when you provide inaccurate information. I'll opt out so others may try. Please don't reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle your question back to me.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
want a differant expert
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried everything Map Sensor different Egr valve ran diagnostics with OBD 2 Scanner it read 39 to 40 fuel rail pressure checked all vacuum lines
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tps 16.5map hg 21.3 stft 2.8 to 0 STFT & to3.9frp 37 to 40.9 rec tps 2.0 to 2.4 throttle cmd 2.0 to 2.4 ab tps 18 to 19%02s1 v 070- 835 02s1 2 840 -900 os21 415-820 o2s2 250 - 775 cat temp 1 935 cat temp 2 938 evap purge 6-7.1 %egr cmd egr error
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
codesP2197 p0106 P0171-174-155 P0354=355-356
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer