Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

FORD ranger 4.0 litre Ohv: I have a 1998ranger 4.0 litre OHV.

Customer Question

I have a 1998ranger 4.0 litre OHV. Vin.# ***** Have remanufactured cylinder heads, new pushed and new rockers.I want a new camshaft also. What is the specs of the oem cam and what is the most duration and lift that I can go using stock components that I have already purchased?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Here is a link to the OEM specs. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/specs.pdfI can not find an aftermarket cam even for this vehicle to look over its specs in comparison. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but your reply did not give me the specs on cam lobe duration. I did however find the lobe lift through the link you provided.
Those are the only specs Ford has on the cam used in the vehicle.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris