Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Well - well - Now maybe I'll get somewhere - Very glad to hear

Customer Question
Wel - well - Now...
Wel - well - Now maybe I'll get somewhere - Very gld to hear - I have a 1990 ford Ranger cab&1/2 - the drivers door has power windows and door locks - when I close the window it "clunks" right near the full up - plus the door locks occassionally don't respond - can you help ?
JA: Forgive me, but I'm not following. One more time, please?
Customer: How much clearer can I make it ??? - WHEN OI raise or shut the window it "clunks" loudly near the end of the raising [email protected]!!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes and I also hope to fix the electric door switch because sometimes it won't operate the riders door like it originally did
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet except I have observed the "clunk" go from the front of the door toward the rear of the door if that helps - been slow to take care of this because I've been sick
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
4/16/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! Have you pulled the skin off the door to see if something has come loose? If not, I suggest that happening first. The motor could be partially broken on the regulator for the window or the little cross member bar in the door could have a rivet off causing that clunking. On the door lock switch working intermittent, I would be leaning towards the switch going out first. They get the most abuse from the elements and the door opening and closing often being the driver door. I would certainly check the switch and just replace it to rule it out. They get old water and dirt in them causing that to happen. This way you know it is good before moving on. Next would be the door lock actuators. There is no realy way to test them other than to replace them. They get weak from years of operation and they will act intermittent as well. I wish there was a real way to test them, but there just isn't for them, especially when the issue is intermittent.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.Did you still need assistance with this?
Jeremy
Jeremy