Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Missing at an idle and misses real bad around 40 to 50 miles

Customer Question
per hour.FICM has good voltage...
Missing at an idle and misses real bad around 40 to 50 miles per hour.FICM has good voltage injectors cycle good but it is showing 85% load at an idle
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: yes it cranks good starts good just runs ruff at idle and at 40 to 50 mph
JA: Glad to hear that. How old is the battery?
Customer: They are about 2 years old ,This is a 2004 F350 with a 6.0 with 120,000 miles FICM was changed two years ago EGR 3 years ago
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: can't think of anything
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
4/14/2016
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
James, Ford Technician
Hello, it sounds like you have a fuel pressure concern. If fuel pressure drops below 45psi the vehicle will begin to run rough. I would replace fuel filters and retest first.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced the fuel filters 2000 miles ago , had a friend hook it up too his snapon anilizer yesterday he did't say anything about fuel pressure I Just went out and started it and ran it for about 5 min and it started sounding like it is under a load at idle and ended up dying I noyoced that the radiator surge tank is under pressure now.
a scan tool can't monitor fuel pressure on this vehicle. Only a fuel pressure gauge can be used.
your last symptom describes a fuel pressure concern.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So would that be the fuel pump on the frame rail by the primary filter
Correct. The primary fuel filter is in the fuel pump. When you replace the fuel pump it will come with a new fuel filter installed.
James, Ford Technician