Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2011 Ford Fiesta 1.6L manual Transmission.Car is cranking,

Customer Question
but no start. Following codes: P0011...
2011 Ford Fiesta 1.6L manual Transmission.Car is cranking, but no start. Following codes:
P0011, P0340,P0365,P0016,P0017Have Checked For Spark and Fuel, Got Both.Checked For Compression Cylinder #1 175, #2 175, #3 75 and #4 175Car sounds like it wants to start but doesn't.I cant check for timing because I do not have the special tools.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cleared the PCM and cranked the engine and found codes P0340 & P0365
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/12/2016
Ford Mechanic: Nathan B, Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Hi there.Welcome to JA.comI hope I can be of help to you today, but first I just need to ask a couple of questions so my answer will be better sourced.Can you tell me if the car was playing up at all while trying to start before the complete none start?Did it start to play up while driving at all?I can see that you did a compression test and i think it is a typo that 3 is lower than the rest. Correct me if I'm wrong.I look forward to your replyThanks in advanceNathan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do you mean by playing it up?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was driving on the freeway and heard a sound from my engine, saw my serpentine belt was wrapped up in the pulleys, untangled the mess and put a new belt on it, thats when it didnt start
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No Typo, ...#3 is 75
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked the timing belt and it looks ok,, no cracks, tears or rips. cant check timing, i dont have the special tool
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If i had a bent valve in cylinder 3 woudn't i have it also low compression in clyinder #1
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nathan Can you opt out so i can have an FORD expert review this
Hi again.When I say playing up I mean is there anything untoward that the engine is doing that it doesn't usually that's all.OK. You have a major problem there then. It seems that the timing has jumped when the serpentine belt has got wrapped around it. I have seen this before on a passat where some of the belt got into the timing cover and caused the timing belt to jump a few teeth and caused the engine to hit valves. There was no damage to the timing belt itself. The fact that you are down on compression on no.3 does mean that valves have been bent but it doors not necessarily mean that it will hit valves on no.1 because they are doing as different part of the sequence. Now if you were to turn the engine over by hand, you may find that it does get a bit tight 3 out of 4 half turns because it won't have the compression there.Another thing. The codes that you have are to do with the camshaft position sensor. This or the wiring may be damaged from the belkt shredding, but it is more than likely that because the top dead centre from the crankshaft sensor and the one from the camshaft sensor are not aligned it is throwing these codes up as as fault. Once the timing is corrected these results s
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Nathan,So most likley, the head needs rebuilt?
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Hi. The returning p0340 and p0365 indicate a fault with the cam sensor or its wiring. I would check that before getting the head rebuilt.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok where would i Start and how?
EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician