Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Left it overnight at a friends and when I returned it wouldn't

Customer Question
start. Just shows system start...
Left it overnight at a friends and when I returned it wouldn't start. Just shows system start fault. At first I figured dead battery but after trying to boost it realized that wasn't it. After trying a few times the alarm system started going off honking the horn and flashing the four ways. I assume it might be due to someone trying to punch the wrong password ***** the keypad too many times and now it's locked itself down?
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: It's a 2013 ford f150
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: Original battery
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
4/11/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. What is the battery voltage?Any aftermarket electronics on the vehicle?With the key in the run position is the theft light flashing rapid?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician