Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Windstar: I have an 03 Ford Windstar minivan. It problem is…

Customer Question
I have an 03 Ford...

I have an 03 Ford Windstar minivan. It problem is a continuously breaking front engine mount. It seems to go through about one a month. I just replaced it again and this time it only lasted two weeks. It fails at a (manufacturers) weld every time. So far I've replaced it five times. I replaced the rear mount a couple of months ago just as a precaution and the mount on the transmission seems to be okay. This van is a taxi so it gets driven fairly hard but there must be more to it than that. Do you know what may be going on here ???

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
4/9/2016
Ford Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Hello. Usually when you have a mount that keeps getting broken is because it is the only one that is doing all the work. You need to rev the engine in drive and reverse and see how much the engine moves each way. Most likely it's the transmission mount that is bad that is causing the other mount to break. Let me know your thoughts. Lou.