Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2006 ford e350 base ext cargo van with 114000 *****

Customer Question
HI i have a 2006...
HI i have a 2006 ford e350 base ext cargo van with 114000 ***** *****. while driving there is a vibration felt while attempting to accelerate at highways speeds
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the vibration happens, or so i believe, when the truce attempts to shift gears truck*
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To clarify further, the vibration only happens momentarily, sometimes not at all. It's intensity seems to be related to how much of a load is on the truck (ascent or weight related). if i remove my foot from the throttle and the truck shifts on it's own, no vibration is felt when i resume throttle.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on a separate note. while driving the parking brake indicator will intermittently come on in the dash cluster and associated siren will sound. very annoying. parking brake shoes and pads where replaced and the switch at the pedal operates normally (i.e. normally closed)
3/30/2016
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** vibration could be caused by the either the transmission fluid breaking down normally causing the torque convertor to vibrate during application, or the torque convertor itself.

When we get a vehicle in for this concern we advise on flushing the transmission, this flushing fixes about 99 percent of the torque convertor shudder problems.

The other 1 percent need a new convertor.

The brake light problem could be caused by a low fluid level switch in the master cylinder, or a wiring concern grounding the wiring since the brake pedal has been tested and inspected.

Have you had the truck tested for trouble codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the Blake fluid level is good.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Upon doing some research online I came across a lot of information leading towards the torque converter is well
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I could be wrong but recently the BCM module was replaced which was causing codes P2107 and forcing the truck into limp mode. That has been repaired, no other codes

I would definately try the transmission flush first. This is the most common concern we see.

The brake light problem needs to be looked at with a scan tool to see what is triggering the light to come on, either park brake, master cylinder, or the associated wiring to those circuits. With a scan tool you can see what is causing the light to come on, or possibly a trouble code then a pinpoint test can be run.

Have you had the vehicle tested for trouble codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no not the parking brake I will attempt to have that done tonight. I will also try to flush the transmission tonight. Thank you ill check back and let you know.

Ok sounds good.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just flused the transmission and the shutter has disappeared per your recommendation, thanks very much! I also noticed on the drive to the shop that the parking brake light was somehow related to the trip odometer reset knob on the dash, I went to go reset my mileage and the parking brake light went off and then would intermittently come on and off. I was able to finally get it to stick off a few times just by playing with the knob. I'll take the dashboard apart tomorrow and see what I can find upon further investigation.

Ok, great news. Let me know what you find, could be a cluster problem or connector problem.

Scott W.
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician