EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

2010 Ford 150 4.6L xLT First stalled at stop light oil light

Customer Question

2010 Ford 150 4.6L xLT First stalled at stop light oil light on restart ok ,2nd same thing change battery ok two week.3rd fill with gas hard time starting sounded like no fuel.1 week latter stalled at idle engine light on ???? as stands
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Is there any way you can get the code checked? That would probably help. My first thought is to check the fuel pump driver module. They are known for corroding because they are mounted under the truck on the drivers side, on the frame rail, near or above the spare tire. Inspect it for corrosion on the back side of it. That would be what to check first until you can get the code checked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
code check done nothing came up
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Then the check engine light must not be on at this time. Check the fuel pump driver module first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pls reply asap
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant rate until i get my answer
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

OK. Are you checking the driver module?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A code check was done by ford tech .came up nothing did the stalling part again today . to dark to look tonight for what you said.looking the morning but got any other ideas ? so i have other optsion
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still there
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I know the electronic throttle bodies can cause the stalling as well.. But that will usually turn on the wrench light as well as the check engine light. Check and make sure there are no vacuum leaks on the engine pcv hoses. Also I have seen the mass air flow sensor cause stalling concerns. It could be disconnected and see if the engine does not stall.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could it be gas filter just guessing fuse to fuel pump The oil light and engine light are the only two that have come on but not together
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Your truck does not have a replaceable fuel filter. If the oil light is coming on while the truck is still running, then you may want to check the oil level to start with.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh when the oil light came on and the truck stalled i change the oil it was ok for two weeks
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

If the light is still coming on you should probably check the engine oil pressure with a manual gauge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but the oil level has been great even before changing the oil
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

regardless of oil level the engine can have low oil pressure from a failing oil pump, worn bearings, sludged up motor. The engine is stalling when the oil light is on because, there is not enough oil pressure to work the camshaft soleniods.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why are the light oil Engine coming on then stalling at a stop. sound to me fuel The truck has 45km on it Dont drive it alot look brand new
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

If you do think it is fuel then you are going to have to check the driver module and/or check the fuel pressure with a gauge on the engine and see if it is low.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just the engine light coming on how
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Then have the code checked and fuel pressure checked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ref to filters and you said there is not a fuel filter in 2010 trucks ?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

yes. it is part of the fuel pump inside the fuel tank.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh thk you have been great but im still lost on this one thks
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome. You can always come back and request me when you do some tests or get some results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tks Eric
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Have you performed any further checks on your truck as indicated? Let me know and please rate the service provided. Thanks.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.