EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a f150 2010 platinum 4wd. im changing the struts. is

Customer Question

i have a f150 2010 platinum 4wd. im changing the struts. is there supposed to be a 1/2 inch plate on top the spring or is that part of a leveling kit i had installed
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the problem is i cant compress the spring enough to get the new shock on if i keep that plate in there
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: im in the middle of fixing it
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: not that i know if
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. That is part of the leveling kit. There is normally nothing between the strut and the upper strut mount.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for viewing my response. Do you have any more questions on replacing your struts?

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for viewing my response on 3/26/2016 at 9:21:56 PM 2 day(s) ago. Do you have any more questions on replacing your struts? If you do not then please rate the service provided.