Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 02 f250 and can't get it to start. Hooked a scan

Customer Question
tool to it and gave...
I have a 02 f250 and can't get it to start. Hooked a scan tool to it and gave me P0603 and P1293 codes. Just replaced pcm checked all fuses that I know about and still no luck! Can u help me?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well it all started when I was backing up out of my driveway and I went to take off and the truck fell on its face. Pulled back in the driveway and its was running really rough like a gas motor running just on a couple cylinders or, so I gave it some peddle to see if it would clear up (it didn't) so I shut it off and started it up again but this time it was even rougher so I just shut it off and went and got my scan tool and ran a continuous test and got the p0603 (pcm keep alive memory error and p1316 idm codes detected then ran a KOEO test and got p0605 pcm read only memory and p1293 injector high side open bank 1 so I then disconnected the batteries for a few min then re connected and tried to start it. Still no luck so grabbed the scan tool again and just got the p0603 code and that was it so then I purchased a new flashed/programmed pcm and got it hooked up and tried to fire it up but no luck, so I grabbed the scan tool again and it gave me p0603 and p1293. I'm lost on what to look at now.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
3/25/2016
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
James, Ford Technician
Hello, will your scan tool monitor data?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Truck won't start
I'm sorry that last statement was on a different question. The code 1293 is bank one high side open. I would remove the right hand valve cover as the connector has likely come loose. This will prevent the vehicle from starting.

Hello, were you able to get the vehicle started?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I removed driver side valve cover check all plugs got a little click out of the gasket plug got everything back together tried to fire still no luck
Do you still get the same codes?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just got home and ran a test and its p0603 power train control module keep alive memory
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just ran it for a second time and gave me p1293 injector high side open-bank 1
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I run the continuous memory test it says p0603 and when I run the KOEO test it's a p1293

So the P1293 still comes back after making the the valve cover connectors were tight. That makes me think you have a problem with the IDM module. causing the vehicle not to start.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It thru that code like the very first time I ran a test on it but never came back since
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But it kinda acts like it wants to start but wont and keeps giving me just those codes now and I've even tried shooting just a little bit of starting fluid and still wouldn't fire up
Do you have a similar vehicle where you can swap over the IDM and see if the vehicle starts?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
James, Ford Technician