AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Ive got a 2001 ford escort just swaped the motor now i have

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: ive got a 2001 ford escort just swaped the motor now i have no fuel replaced the fuel pump jupmedthe fuel shut off switch i checked voltage and i only have 1.37 to the pump and to the shut off switch i have 12.00 at the fuel pump fuse
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: new fuel pump jumped the shut off switch and im trying to run a hot wire to the pump but cant figure out what wires are hot or grounds
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: swapped the motor with a used motor
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, is the check engine light coming on when you only turn the key to RUN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

bear with me. back as quick as possible

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

well unsure if you pinched a wire , did not plug something in etc, but the power is sent to the inertia switch from the fuel pump relay which is inside of a module call the CCRM, It is located at left front of engine compartment, that module is called the constant relay module, It sends power on the black and pink wire to the intertia switch, It could be bad, we have changed many of them over the years, You can jump 12 volts to the black/pink wire at the inertia switch which will power the pump, Here are a couple links to look at

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive tired jumping 12 volts straight to the pump still didnt kick on
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

you said you jumped but did not know hots or gounds, I mentioned to jump to the inertia switch on the lack/pink, still no pump? and if nothing done at or around the pump? then the pump has to be bad, you jump direct as I mentioned, it shas to come on

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

there is also a fule pump driver module, be sure it is all plugged in. in rear quarter panel persay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i jump the hot on the pump im thinking its grounding out somewhere
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant figure out what the ground are on the plug to try and ground it myself
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

I am unsure, I think best I opt out and open the post to the other experts, One should be along soon to help, Please save the rating for the expert that helps, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alright thank you
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! Different expert here. Did you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Can you post your VIN for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have vin cars in the shop at the moment ok it's ending in 3
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

I suspect you have an issue with the constant control relay module or a wiring issue going to it. It needs to have 4 powers going into it with the key on and cranking. Black/white, white/green, white/green and blue/yellow wire all need to have power.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

The black/yellow wire needs to have a good ground on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a diagram of the plug on the fuel pump that tells me witch pins are hot and witch are grounds
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

You bet! Here it is!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright I'll let you know if i get it fixed tomorrow once I'm back to the car
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good! I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

I see you have viewed my last reply but have not yet rated my answer. Did you have any further questions or do you need any further assistance?