Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

The back up camera in my 2010 ford platinum pickup just quit

Customer Question
I'm Dave, and the back...
I'm Dave, and the back up camera in my 2010 ford platinum pickup just quit working. The pick up has navigation. I also noticed that the seatbelt alarm quit working at the same time. I was wondering if they might be on the circuit. and perhaps it could be as simple as a blown fuse
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no the camera worked fine and 20 minutes later when I went into reverse it was off. I had not opened the tailgate or done anything out of the ordinary. maybe the seatbelt alarm quitting at the same time was just coincedental
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
3/20/2016
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 year ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

The two items are not related. For the rear view camera, check fuse #43 in the dash fuse box. If the fuse is good, then the rear view camera will have to be replaced. The new one will have to be configured to the vehicle for it to function properly.

A. Penland
A. Penland