Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Got a question. I have a 94 f150 4x4 driving really good

Customer Question

got a question. I have a 94 f150 4x4 driving really good till coming home from Greenfield and it dropped to 20 miles an hr won't go faster. Transmission seems to shift fine. And when it's idleing and you push on gas it goes just a little and stops revving any clue what it could be
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. did the check engine light come on when it wouldn't go past 20? Also, is this 4.9 straight 6? 302? or 351 engine? thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's when we noticed it on. Not sure if it came on before then. 5 liter 5.0
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Alright, Is it the original PCM by chance? if so, i would take it out, there is 4 screws that hold the top on, There are some big blue capacitors , and they leak out, and then contaminate the printed circuit board in the PCM. sounds like you've replaced all the common things. It also could be the cat stopped slam up. with that symptom, does it ever run hot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No on the running hot.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Alright, this sounds like PCM, Have you tried another ignition module?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet trying cheap easy stuff first
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

I follow you, on 94, I believe yours is back of drivers inner fender well. unplug the spout and see if it runs any better by chance. and pull that front o2 sensor out, see if it runs any better then, this exhaust system original? my 94 E150 was a brick in the converter fyi.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

I have same set up 94 5.0 except E150.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's getting dark so will try tomorrow. Am I still allowed to talk to you tomorrow
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Alright, sounds good.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you are allowed to follow you with any questions. Thanks.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello, We're you able to work on it any today? thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No hoping to get back on it Sunday.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Alright, sounds good.