George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

Can you tell me if the switch sunroof on the 2003 f150 ford

Customer Question

can you tell me if the switch for the sunroof on the 2003 f150 ford pick up is on the ceiling or on the dash of the truck.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: investigating a fire in a truck with a replaced sunroof. would the switch have been on the ceiling or the dash? assuming it was swapped same for same.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: just need to know the placement of the switch if you can tell me that.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: this truck has had a cab fire. looks to have originated in the dash. the sunroof had been recently swapped out due to the track miss alignment issue. just need to know if the power button for the original sun roof would have been in the dash center console or the panel above the windshield
JA: Our top Ford Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Ford Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Ford Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The open/close switch is in the overhead console. That is a ground operated switch so there is no current available at the switch that could cause a fire.

Please let me know if you have further questions

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you that is very helpful. We are waiting for further questions from the other investigators....
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, there is the motor control module tat is mounted under the headliner to the front of the cab, that has a 30 amp circuit to provide power for the roof.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no further questions, thank you
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

I am always glad to help. If you have no further questions please complete the rating

Thank you