Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

I have a 2013 Ford Escape and the information center doesn't

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Ford Escape and the information center doesn't work. Everything else beautiful!!
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The information center tells you miles, gas mileage and many other things. It lights up but no words or numbers.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Years possible. I would really just like to KNOW the problem and HOW serious.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: Our top Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Scott

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

The message center is integral to the instrument cluster, the first step is to have the instrument cluster tested for trouble codes.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

If there are codes or even no codes, the pinpoint test directs the technician to do a hardware test on the instument cluster. I suspect you have a bad instrument cluster that is causing your concern, but it should have a hardware test done first at a Ford dealer using a IDS scan tool to verify. The instrument cluster would need to be programmed to the vehicle if it needs to be replaced.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Any more questions just ask, thanks Scott

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any more questions?