Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE A 1995 F350 7.3 DIESEL AND AFTER A INJECTOR BUZZ TEST…

Customer Question
I HAVE A 1995...

I HAVE A 1995 F350 7.3 DIESEL AND AFTER A INJECTOR BUZZ TEST A GET CODES P1271,P1272,P1273,P1274,P1275,P1276,P1277,P1278 ROUGH IDLE NO HARD CODES WHEN SCANNING AND NO ENGINE LIGHT. RUNS GOOD WHEN COLD BUT AFTER HEATING UP IDLES ROUGH. 48000 ORIGINAL MILES AND JUST REPLACES BOTH VALVE COVER GASKETS AND PIG TAILS.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

YES

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

BOTH VALVE COVER GASKETS, ALL PIGTYAILS TO INJECTORS, CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?

THE VEHICLE HAS LOW MILAGE AND ITS ALL STOCK

Mechanic's Assistant: Our top Ford Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Ford Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Ford Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/15/2016
Ford Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

These are all injector control circuit codes as it looks like you know. These codes set when the circuit resistance of an injector control circuit is incorrect. Possible causes are the engine controller (unlikely), wiring and connections, or the injectors themselves. The most likely cause would be injectors but it isn't common for all to fail at once.

Has the resistance of each injector been tested at the time the engine is hot and running poorly?

No not yet I'll check them in the morning

Great!

What is the procedure for checking resistance on the injectors? Do you probe it at the valve cover gasket?

You can test there but if you found a resistance issue then you'd still need to test right at the injectors.

Ok I tested at the pug and there all around the 0.1 ohms range
Plug*

Where specifically are you putting each test lead, and are you testing the circuits for a short to power and ground?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician