Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 ford lighting that has a autopage rs 860 car

Customer Question
Hi . I have...

Hi . I have a 2000 ford lighting that has a autopage rs860 car alarm system. it work fine up to 2 days ago . the battery went dead in the remote so I replaced it. I had to set the alarm off to get in the truck to program it. everything went right ...the truck alarm churpped..the lights flashed.but when I got out of the truck the remote lost it,s signal,so I did the programmimg about 5 more times. and it still did not work. so I used my second remote(fob) and it did the same thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

I replaced both remotes with new batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?

I remember that on 1 of the times that the passenger window came down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Our top Ford Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Ford Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Ford Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
3/14/2016
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Because your autopage system is an aftermarket system Ford dose not offer any information on this and rather then leave you waiting longer trying to get some help I would suggest you contact the manufacturer who should be able to help you with the problem you are having. I have enclosed there contact information in the link below. Give them a call and they should be able to help you get this resolved. Sorry we could not do it for you here.

http://www.autopageusa.com/Pages/CustomerService.aspx