Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

The 3rd injector on my right side! Found injector retainer

Customer Question

The 3rd injector on my right side! Found injector retainer broker and so the injector was stuck from the head, found bent push rod, now I have Crack no start, could it be a bad rocker arm, lifter? I have no oil pressure
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

how long have you tried to start it after doing the repair?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was trying to build up pressure and it did, engine ran for about 30 minutes then I heard that popping noise , so I shut it off then after that couldn't get any pressure and it won't start
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

it sounds like one of the pushrods has jumped out of place, if it is popping out the intake then it is an exhaust one, if the system was apart, it will build pressure and fire, then it grabs a big gulp of air from the system and you have to crank it back up until the high pressure pump reservoir fills up again. I would first remove the valve covers and check all the pushrods

Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

do you need more help?