Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2014 ford Taurus im installing a performance chip

Customer Question
and I need to know...
i have a 2014 ford Taurus im installing a performance chip and I need to know what to colored wires are for my IAT that's built into my MAF sensor
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: don't know which two wires I splice my performance chip into
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you help me out??
3/12/2016
Ford Mechanic: Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician replied 1 year ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician

Hello, what engine do you have

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
V6 3.5L

ok, only 2013 info is available by Ford at this time so,, to be sure no changes, can you tell me what wire colors at the MAF and do you have a small sensor mounted between the air filter and the throttle body in the air intake assembly

Violet/Grey is the IAT and the Blue is the signal return for the IAT

Sorry looked at the diagram wrong. Green is the signal into the IAT and the Violet/grey is the IAT signal back to ECM, so tap into thos wires

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thank you so much for your help

did you get my last wire color setup " Green in 5volt ref, Violet /grey is IAT signal , use those, Please provide feedback for my service provided, Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did...so I have a red and black wires on my performance chip which 1 gets spliced into the green wire and the other get spliced into the violet/grey wire??

sorry for the delay and yes,, this is correct hookup.Please provide feedback for my service provided, Thanks

Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician