A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I have a 99 ford expedition and the power locks go up and

Customer Question

I have a 99 ford expedition and the power locks go up and down whether the vehicle is off or on. I went outside last night and the locks were going up/down on they're own. Battery was dead this morning.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hopefully, if I can. The battery is only a month old so it's not that. I believe the locks going up/down all night drained the battery
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WORST TO THE WORST I WOULD SIMPLY SETTLE FOR BEING ABLE TO DISCONNECT THE LOCKS TO PREVENT THE BATTERY FROM BEING DRAINED.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Has it been raining in your area lately?
Have you tried anything to try to fix this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No rain. I've washed it.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Do you have remote keyless entry or just standard power door locks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Standard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me which fuse controls the door locks?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

You can remove fuse #8 in the engine bay fuse box to stop the power door locks from working. It stops all power to the lock and unlock relays.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay that's fuse number 8 under the hood, not the one under the steering wheel right? do you have a diagram of the fuse box
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Yes, under the hood. See the diagram below.