Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 1997 ford e350 6.8L v10 auto 113000 miles came in

Customer Question

I have a 1997 ford e350 6.8L v10 auto 113000 miles came in running bad someone had done a lot of work they drove it running bad until it would hardly run at all and then sat for quite awhile I got it had p01131 p01151 bank 1 is running dead rich and bank 2 is dead lean did fuel test showed about 32 psi but seemed air rated so I replaced pump filter and regulator still same problem did some more testing found some minor vacuum leaks replaced intake gaskets upper and lower had 2 injectors barley spraying and 3 leaking replaced all injectors ran thru pinpoint test came to bad Pcm replaced pcm still same some changes baro was 135 before and ect was reading erratic after ect 195 and baro 109 replaced maf baro now 145 still low still one bank lean one rich checked grounds perfect wiring tests ok replaced both 02s tried to interduce propane into intake while running no change vacuum 17inches egr does work and dpfe is 1.1volts goes up with vacuum applied to egr trains shifts about 3300 rpm engine pings heavy between shifts guessing because lean any ideas would be appreciated thank you
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are the same fault codes setting now?If you were to clear them out then operate the vehicle do the codes come back again?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I were to pinch of pcv evap and or brake booster it also adds 171 & 174 I tried plugging off fuel reg and 1131,1151,&1132 come up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I forgot to tell you in original post previous person removed cat at 3000 rpm hot motor 0 back pressure
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,but if you didnt pinch off the pcv or plugging off regulator with the vehicle running with everything connected properly do any codes set at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1131&1151
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Have you had a compression test done at all to see what the compression is on all cylinders as well as checked timing for any timing component issues at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a cylinder contribution test all passed no actual test it has coil on plug no distributer can't see t chain and gears vacuum is steady at 17
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Is the fuel pressure only 32 psi with the key on and when running what is the fuel pressure specification?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Koeo 40 psi I believe and 38 psi running spec is 35-45
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,this is a tough one for me to be able to fully diagnose from here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. have you done a compression test on all cylinders to verify there is not an internal engine issue?
  2. Will your scan tool show fuel trims?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not the actual compression test is a cylinder contribution test no mifs under load yeah Bank One fuel trim stays around 25 Bank - -30

Can you perform an actual compression test?

At hot idle what is the O2 sensor reading on both sides?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At idle Bank 1 reads run 20 in bank to fluctuate between 7 hundred and 900 millivolt it would be very difficult to run a compression test on the V10 they are very tight and there engine only has a hundred thousand miles

If you do not want to rule out an internal engine issue to blame we can move on to other tests. You have ruled out the MAF, injectors, fuel pressure, O2 sensors, EGR, vacuum leaks, and PCM. The only things I an see left would be the engine or wiring to the O2 sensors.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris