sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a skip at idle and cant pass the smog test. ive

Customer Question

i have a skip at idle and cant pass the smog test. ive changeed the plug wires and rotor and cap. what should i do next?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the motor has a skip at low rpm the tech at the smog place thought it was electrical
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: new plug wires new cap and rotor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: its a 1984 rv but only has 43,000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $23 after the Ford Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause a misfire. If the ignition system has been ruled out then the problem could be with an injector, a localized vacuum leak causing a cylinder to run lean, or it could be a cylinder sealing issue.

What year and model is the vehicle and what engine do you have?

What fault codes are setting?