Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My name is ***** ***** I have a 2001 ford f150 lariat and my

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I have a 2001 ford f150 lariat and my electric pedals don't work anymore
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My seats and mirrors all are working just the pedals want move up or down
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Are you sure of your build date on this truck, the adjustable pedals where not used till 2002.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sure
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay then you may have the late built unit. Either way there is a known concern with this , Ford has released a service bulletin dealing with it as well. The common caused for this is caused by a broken gear on the adjuster pedal drive shaft and Ford has has release a kit for repair it. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below which includes the part numbers you heed for the kit. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Looking it over it dose look like it applies and may very well be the problem you are having.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/adjustable%20pedals%20Mar%207.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.