Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

98 CV. 180k. Starts and runs. Let idle till warm, engine…

Customer Question
98 CV. 180k. Starts and...
98 CV. 180k. Starts and runs. Let idle till warm, engine stalls. Scan for codes, P1000 (should not have, system ready along time ago)
P1260 theft detected. Key off for several minutes and will restart. Let idle again, will stall but will restart immediately.
Have only one of the two keys when I bought car in 2001. It's an approved key.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
3/7/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. If you drive it instead of idle it, will it remain running?
  2. Any aftermarket electronics on the vehicle?
It will have same condition if driven. No aftermarket additions.

Thanks, ***** ***** system can not shut down the vehicle once already running, so thats not the cause for the stalling. Do you have the ability to monitor the fuel pressure when it stalls and will not start, to see if there is a pump or relay issue we need to address.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I clear out the P1260 I didn't restart the car and allow it to run until it stalls. The P1260 code will again be stored. So it appears that somehow it is shutting the car down after it is running in generating the attempted theft code again after it is running.

I can only find 2 tech reports of a car that can start with a 1260 code and both state to replace the PCM. Would you like the Ford diag steps for this code?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/p1260.pdf

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris