Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying to install remote starter in a 2010 Mercury Milan.

Customer Question
When I push the remote...
Trying to install remote starter in a 2010 Mercury Milan. When I push the remote start button I get 4 beeps which indicates that the tach signal needs to be reprogrammed. How do you reprogram the tach signal for 2010 Fusion/Milan?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
3/6/2016
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 2 years ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Reread the programing instructions. Below are the pages for programing. If the horn honks 4 times, it has returned to factory default mode. Restart the programing below.

I have been through the programming instructions several times........ The troubleshooting page says 4 beeps - TACH not programmed!

Read the top of page 2.

NOTE: If the remote start fob button is held for

more than 3 seconds the system will chirp the horn

4 times, indicating the system has returned to

factory default settings. If this occurs return to step

1 of the programming section and reprogram the

remote start module.

There is no TACH programing for the 2010 Mercury Milan.