Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 f-350 ranch, rough running until it warms up,

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 f-350 king ranch, rough running until it warms up, no black smoke at all my oil is clean, when warm it runs perfect the description of other examples is exactly my symptoms also please help I love my truck!!!!!!!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes , but I only want to speak to a ford diesel expert,thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing it just started this week

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?

2007 6.0 egr delete, 160,000 mi, it has sinister coolant filter system also bypass remote oil filter, I run 10-40 synthetic oil.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
3/6/2016
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
James, Ford Technician

Hello, does it make a difference with temperature?

dosent seem to matter, just after sitting all night

It sounds like you have a FICM module that is failing. Usually after an overnight soak they will lose voltage for a minute or two and run rough. Once the voltage builds up to 48v the vehicle will run perfectly normal again.

James, Ford Technician