Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I need to replace the water hose on top of the water pump

Customer Question

i need to replace the water hose on top of the water pump itself.how can i get to that little hose
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: 1992 ford explorer 4x4
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when i remove my water pump, i was trying to remove that little hose on top of the pump and its split. so i know when i try to put the hose crimp back on it will leack
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i hope so.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know?
Customer: that it. thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Is that a specially molded hose, meaning it has a bend in it?