Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to replace the water hose on top of the water pump…

Customer Question
I need to replace...

I need to replace the water hose on top of the water pump itself.how can i get to that little hose

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.

1992 ford explorer 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

When i remove my water pump, i was trying to remove that little hose on top of the pump and its split. so i know when i try to put the hose crimp back on it will leack

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I hope so.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know?

That it. thank you.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
3/6/2016
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Is that a specially molded hose, meaning it has a bend in it?