rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have an 09 f150 with a 5.4, started running sluggish and

Customer Question

I have an 09 f150 with a 5.4, started running sluggish and poor fuel milage and rattle in engine,after research I replaced both vct solenoids, now worse rattles,misses,no acceleration, multiple codes,po 315,300,305,306,340,344,345and 349
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

First do a complete compression test, wet and dry. Hopefully you checked the tensioners real close too.

Thanks, Ron