Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

72 ford 302 clamp off Distributor is bad will not turn need…

Customer Question
72 ford 302 clamp off...
72 ford 302 clamp off Distributor is bad will not turn need to take out to install new Distributor. How do I get it out?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
3/5/2016
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

The problem you are having is due to sludge build up on the distributor housing. What I do when this happens is to take some carb cleaner and start soaking as much of the cleaner in the the hole as you can and then take a pry bar and start working it back and forth . Once you are able of get it to start to budge keep flooding it with the carb cleaner which will break the sludge build up and free it up. Its going to take some work but if you keep if flooded with the cleaner and keep working it back and forth is will begin to loosen up and you should be able to get it up and out.