James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I just purchased a 2007 Mustang Convertible with the Shaker

Customer Question

Hello, I just purchased a 2007 Mustang Convertible with the Shaker 1000 Stereo system. For some reason it's not recognizing the aux input. When I press the Aux button it just goes from Sat1 to Sat2 to Sat3 but there is no line input option. I tried to run a self test on the system but when I tried I got the message "self failed". I could get to the speaker test, but not the diagnostics. Any idea would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you have the device plugged in when trying to use aux?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have volume on my phone when playing music, when I plug it into the phone and into the aux input nothing happens. I keep pressing Aux but I never get the Line input option.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Once the vehicle failed the self test I would suspect the issue is the audio control module. Usually it can be reprogrammed to correct conditions like this. It is also possible the line in connector is unplugged as well. I would make sure it's fully plugged in. If it is I would have the dealer update the audio control module and this should correct your concern.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea of the cost to have it reprogrammed? Also, when you say "line in connector", do you mean on the connector itself? Both at the connector and the stereo?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

The connector I am referring to is the end that plugs into the auxiliary cord. I have seen a lot of people disconnect this and forget to reconnect when putting things back together. Reprogramming will vary based off your location. My dealer charges 60 for module programming. If you live near a lot of Ford dealers I would call and ask what they charge for module reprogramming.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool Thanks!
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.