Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2016 F350 I want to place o siren in my canopy

Customer Question
I have a 2016 F350...
I have a 2016 F350 I want to place o siren in my canopy which will be activated by a pressure switch which will close when the canopy door is opened. I would like to use one of the up fitter switches but they are not powered if the ignition is off. Is there a solution to this or do I have to run a fused wire from the battery to the canopy.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
3/3/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

You can use one of the upfitter switches. you would just need to remove that switches relay and use a jumper wire in its place so the circuit is always powered and not just powered with the key on.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.