Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just replaced the front oxygen sensor on my 2003 Ford

Customer Question
I just replaced the...

I just replaced the front oxygen sensor on my 2003 Ford Windstar and it is still running rough

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The front sensor bottom and easily accessible has been replaced. I do not know where to look to access and change out the 2nd sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Changed the Mass Air Flow Sensor...still ran rough. Changed one Airflow sensor in the front bottom (towards the front of the motor). Can you tell me where I need to look to find the second sensor?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
3/2/2016
Ford Mechanic: Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech replied 2 years ago
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

Hello , just follow the exhaust system....its toward the back by the catalytic converter Thanks Joey Please rate my answer take care

It called the bank 2 senor or downstream sensor

Joe  Barfield
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech