Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2009 Ford escape and am having issues with the

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 Ford escape and am having issues with the power steering not working unless you cycle the car starting? the steering column was replaced recently at the dealership yet sometimes you still have to restart the car to get the power steering to work? any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

If possible?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/2/2016
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
James, Ford Technician

Hello, do you have your vin number by chance?

I can get it but don't have it handy right now
your still there?

I am. Usually if you have to restart it for the power steering the electronic power steering is failing.

If you had your vin I can see if there is an active recall or technical bullitens out on your vehicle. It sounds like the electronic power steering gear may be failing though.