Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a ford focus 2004 bought it new in 2004 just last

Customer Question
year it started a clicking...
i have a ford focus 2004 bought it new in 2004 just last year it started a clicking noise [not all the time] than the engine light came on well everything that as come up on the computor ive changed.Fuel filter monular twice,injectors cleaned,fuel filter changed, raidiaer flushed out new thermostart , new battery,So the last time the light came on the air bag light came on also the clicking noise is back and the car bucks like theres water in the gas like always b4 So i took it over to Townsend Ford to have them put it on there computor charged me 144.00 to tell me its the computor. so i got a new computor 1250.00 My auto matic starter they took out said they would try an put it back free of charge and around 300-400 miles later the clicking noise is back car runs like crap no engine light yet and when i press the back defroster off and on i hear the clicking noise by the fuses The noise is always by the fuse box in the car can u help me Dont know how much more to put into it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
3/2/2016
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Can you please explain then clicking noise and running like crap concern a little more in detail? Does it lack power, skip at idle, is it hard to start...? etc... When does the clicking noise occur? What were the most recent codes that were retrieved?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the last clicking noise showed up about a week ago warming my car up at work just idling and the clicking noise is on my left side by my knee around where the fuse box is .It done not do it all the time the light dims down where it shows your mileage and the over head light will dim barely as im driving the car will act like it has water in the gas Like its not getting fuel off an onThe clicking noise shows up when ever you never know no it does not start hard never had any trouble starting it my husband drove it the other night and no noise at all and all kinds of power

Is it possible that the next time the noise happens you could remove the fuse box cover and try to isolate the noise. The problems you are having could be from a a failing relay.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have to head to work will talk to u at 8 am
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok?

Tommorrow evening will have to work. I work at the dealer in the daytime.

Hi. Thank you for viewing my response. Have you been able to isolate the noise or get your vehicle fixed? Please rate my service and let me know if you have more info for me or questions on this. Thanks.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician