Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Cruse control not going on,even with self test procedure!

Customer Question

Cruse control not going on,even with self test procedure! Fuse 34good, however brake lite does not come on when push park on. (Same fuse)
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course there is no response when trying to turn on when driving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do the brake lights work at all when pressing on the brake pedal with the engine running?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should the cruise indicator lite come on when key is turned on? Also Could this prob have anything to do with the hydro boost system, as l recently had the steering box replaced?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Is the check engine light or any other warning light on on the dash at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When running No. But before starting the check gage and battery lites are on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where did you go????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are going to continue working with me?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay as I had to run out in a hurry yesterday and couldnt get back here.

The first thing that needs done here if this has not been done already is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and correct this issue.If you can get the codes read out this will help.

This may be an issue with the cruise on/off or set switch itself as these are most common when the brake lights are operating as they should but having the codes checked will help identify the fault here.If you cannot get the codes checked let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete